Saturday, October 5, 2013

Sketch Crawl




The sketch crawl activity we participated in at the Seattle Center was fun and enjoyable because we were given the chance to sketch whatever we wanted all on our own. It was interesting to take all of the skills we have learned so far in regards to sketching and then go out into the field and apply those skills. Having the professionals there with us to see their sketches and hear their advice was very beneficial because there is always so much room to grow as sketchers. Sketching in the field is an important skill to have because when on a job site or with a client, it is vital to be able to sketch everything accurately and quickly because visual communication is the most successful. Some strengths I have as a sketch artist is being able to look at a space and visually represent it without confusion or misrepresentation. On the other hand, as a beginner sketch artist I have a few weaknesses that I plan to work on to improve. When beginning to sketch an area, I have a hard time with the initial start of the sketch because I never know where to start. I also have a hard time with scale and proportion, a reason why I tend to zoom in too far and not get the entire picture on my page. Although sketching is not one of my design strengths, practices such as field sketching is very valuable and important to me because it helps me improve and get better at a skill that I will need to master when becoming an interior designer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment